PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 2
Old 10th Mar 2012, 22:05
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer trouble re: quote function.

gums, I agree with everything except the part where you state the pilot acknowledges the a/c is in "some alternate control law", and states "something like" 'I've got the controls'. It didn't happen. No one acknowledged ALTLAW at all except PM when he said "Lost the speeds, Alternate Law." This includes the species of ALTLAW (2). That was eleven seconds post a/p loss, and 9 seconds after the Pilot flying stated: "I have the controls". PF did not mention Law degradation, and seemingly performed none of the (rather loose) UAS protocol. How do we know either knew lost AS was the problem until PM states so? We don't know if PF EVER knew that, he did not acknowledge: his only 'speed' reference was to "some crazy speed". (Overspeed?) The working theory prior to PM "Lost Speeds" could be anything, but likely NORMALLAW, no change was announced, and none acknowledged. Show us where the UAS was sussed after loss of a/p with master caution and cavalry charge and before PNF actually speaks it? (Eleven seconds, enough time to seal their fate?)

It is a matter of opinion only whether the STALL was recoverable. It may never be known, including when it "almost did."