PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perils of Pauline
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 20:31
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The perils of Pauline

Being uncertain of some of the details surrounding 'law' (for want of a better expression) and procedure associated with insurance matters in the aftermath of a prang; I asked a couple of questions of that nature of folks who know what they are talking about. Turns out, my ignorance on the subject is complete.

Aircraft insured all good. Not quite so.

Not so by a long shot. Seems that in the USA you can rent an aircraft which is insured for the operator/owner liability and then over the phone, with a membership number and credit card, for a small (ish) fee get cover for the bits that YOU are/maybe liable for, should you lob into someone's paddock, smash through the chook shed, slaughter his chooks and spill fuel on the property.

I hear the 'Strikemaster' fatal near Bathurst has a $70 million dollar wrangle going on, related to the cost of fire fighting and the loss of commercial timber. That is only an over an ale rumour but it serves to highlight the perils of Pauline after the prang.

I reckon this subject is worth a couple of lines, particularly from those who actually have a clue. For enlightenment like.

Handing over.