PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 2
Old 10th Mar 2012, 20:17
gums

Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts
Need a new thread

Trust me, I have not been coordinating posts with PJ2. The nice words from PJ2 and Turbine and some others are great, but sooner or later we have to discuss the very personal opinions of the pilots here with respect to crew coord, warning systems and training.

Correct me if I have some things wrong:

- Some turbulence, but nothing real violent. No SLF's bouncing off the top of the cabin or spilled drinks.

- Airspeed goes tango uniform for some reason, regardless of whether it was icing or a sensor problem by the electrical system.

- System tells crew that airspeed is unreliable or has failed.

- Pilot states that the jet is in an alternate flight control mode and states something like "I've got the plane".

- Pilot sees a need for aileron/roll control and then also pulls up to "x" degrees on the ADI.

- Aircraft climbs and loses velocity ( indicated, true, inertial, whatever).

- warning systems give confusing data

- aircraft momentum allows the jet to drop below an adequate dynamic pressure over the wings to stay outta stall. The "protections" are not working as the AoA inputs are not helping, nor the confusing warning indications.

- aircraft enters a stall, but is still recoverable

- pilot does not appreciate the fact that his inputs are not working like the Airbus public relations brochures claim

- some systems come back on line but the jet is not responding as the PR documents claim, nor all the training in the sim

- aircraft descends for 3 minutes in a stalled condition while crew can't figure out what is happening

- crew never pushes forward long enough, if at all, to unload the wings and gain a decent amount of air molecules over those thingies that provide lift.

So I see a finding of crew error and contributing factors like sensor failure and confusing warning indications and crew training.

Anybody disagree?

can comment, opine on another thread, but we have beat this horse for over two years.