PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 10th Mar 2012, 12:03
Flat Cap

Location: Under a deckchair, Jumeirah Beach, 3 lamppost from the left
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Fly26

There are a few that are perfectly happy going to Afghanistan, most grit their teeth, close their eyes and think of England. Frankly I find going there a royal pain in the ar$e. Search for the Flydubai Kabul thread, you'll get a sense of what its like. Personally and I may well be considered a korma eating big girls blouse for saying so. No I don't feel safe and no I am not convinced the company has sufficient procedures in safe if it all goes pear shaped down route.

@BE

1. Currently running at 2yrs, this will change as the airline matures see "BurDubaiBob's" post earlier in this thread for more details.

2. Usual Middle Eastern mix of pilot attitudes a few happy souls, most just getting on with the job taking the money and trying to enjoy the good bits while ignoring the cr@p. A reasonable number thoroughly and vocally pi$$ed off desperate to get out.

3. On an average month an FO will take home 36,000 dirhams ($9800), out of this rent, utility bills, transport, must be paid. Flydubai don't arrange accommodation,utility bills, or chauffeur cars to pick you up.

4. Maybe if you don't mind being home for a max of 2 days at a time, and you live in southern EU,you might get a lucky break and have a 4 or 5 day block but don't count on it. Flydubai is based in DXB it's pilots are DXB domiciled they generally expect you to be here unless your are on leave, expect no favours from crewing.

If you come, lower your expectation, have your eyes wide open and it may not seem so bad.

Cheers
F-C