PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Pilots 15%+ Pay Cut since 2009
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 21:35
joe.blogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations Olicana!

Congratulations Olicana on your first time passes and gaining your frozen ATPL.

One assumes with your comments you are able to pick and choose which airline you will join. After all, those first time passes and a frozen ATPL will surely guarantee you a job right?

Money in the bank, a fATPL, and first time passes now make you able to go one step further and dictate to those professionals that work for Ryanair. It's simple, as you put it. You couldn't possibly lower your standards to work for Ryanair. After all, us simple lower class folk shouldn't moan and should simply either not join in first place, or leave, we're all a bunch of moaners are we? You can't always run away to solve problems.

Whilst part of your post I agree with, I might suggest you have a lot to learn for the future. A good many people have invested heavily in their careers at Ryanair, have families, and simply can't solve things by just leaving. Also to insinuate it's just the free market that causes the problem demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge of the problems that exist.

You should talk to a few folk who have been around. They will tell you the same, a licence and first time passes do not guarantee you a job my friend. There are many many highly professional flight crew out there without jobs, that have type ratings and buckets full of experience that you may be lucky to gain over the next 15 years. So before you dictate, look in the mirror.

I hope paying over that cash in the bank for a rating works out. After all what airline wouldn't take you? As you state, you can work without pay for a while.

Don't you think you are part of the problem, rather than the solution? CRM my friend, rule 1, get along with everyone you meet, don't act too smart, it's a small world out there. Look after all your colleagues whatever company they work for.

The terms and conditions and changes in Ryanair have a nasty habit of influencing the rest of the industry, and will affect you regardless of the company you work for.