PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 09:25
BlueSky1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Planning

One of the biggest problems with Alpha’s planning for this program, is that there was no real planning done.

They set up a flight line in Sharjah, with no research into Sharjah Airport, and then found out the hard way about all the restrictions with airspace, traffic and ATC.

They set up a MCC department in Sharjah, but why did they go for a B737 Sim, when Air Arabia are using A320’s?

And finally they knew they had to do an Intermediate and Advanced phase for the sim, however no thought was put into where this would happen, and how much it would cost. And with the high turn over in management at the top, I am guessing that whatever was planned, was also quickly forgotten when Staff either walked out, or were kicked out the door.

In the end I am really surprised that despite all the planning (or lack thereof), Alpha actually gained GCAA approval to operate.

However I guess things are improving…Flight training is now being sent to Australia. The latest rumour is that the MCC Sim will eventually be replaced with an A320. And by now I am guessing that Alpha have got their act together, and the Cadets are not being sent all over the world to complete the Intermediate and Advanced phase???

Last edited by BlueSky1; 9th Mar 2012 at 21:11.