PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATCOs earning £800,000 two years ago! Anything changed?
Old 9th Mar 2012, 07:34
aldegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aldegar,

If you're after sympathy or empathy why don't you tell us what you are doing to improve the service you are supposed to be providing and getting paid €7000/month for.
I read all your posts, isn't that enough?

Ok, ironic mode off.

The question is not what I'm doing to improve the service but what is my company doing about it.

I certainly try to do my best. I regularly visit FAA and CAA websites and download manuals and documents, I read forums like pprune, subscribe to magazines like Pilot, try to fly as much as possible with my PPL as well as with the Flight Simulator... (ok, I actually do this for fun rather than to improve the service, but it helps!).

HOWEVER, it's been more than three years now since my company has taken me to the simulator (you guys go at least once a year), and no plans to go in the near future. Incredible as it may seem, we don't get to simulate changes in our airspace, new procedures, unusual situations, emergencies... Is that to blame on us?

Just as an example, there is a sector at my ACC in wich I haven't worked at since last september (as air traffic drops with the end of the high season it is usually closed). In about three months (around june) I'll come to work one day and find that I'll have to control that sector (with no simulator practice beforehand, of course). After almost one year without sitting in that sector, do you expect me to be "professional"?

I'm eager to learn, practice, simulate... but my company does nothing about it (and I have complained about it, with no answer of course).

And then I come to this forum and get INSULTED by you ("rubbish", "unprofessional", "worst service"...) and Johnny (I'm so fool I don't know the difference between IAS and GS). Believe me, I'm not after your simpathy/empathy...