PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Casual CC II
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 06:23
Sydneysider88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think having friends in high places does anything at all for CC positions, or any job for that matter.
This is my personal opinion, as ive seen people who know this person and that person and have this experience and that, and it gets them nowhere.
Its all about the person applying and how they fit to what they look for, solely on them and past experience/personality and the list goes on etc.
I personally would never use knowing anyone as means to maybe get an advantage of a job or think it would work, but thats just me. I go in Cold turkey, and be myself all the time, and use my own hard work and experience as the only thing. I wouldnt actually like using someone else as a 'i know' to get a job, or even get a look at for a job, but thats me

They have a criteria when they check references, and im sure they know what they look for, and if refs working for the company already doesnt necessarily mean anything to the ref checkers.

You CAN ask for reference transcripts, I think they legally have to give them to you if you ask, so you can see for yourself what was said and vice versa. Hope that helps!