PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 00:27
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cxorcist

However, I don't think that makes the statement invalid, just debateable.
I am being pedantic and, for that, I make no apologies. You're right, this is a rumour forum but when posters make statements that are nothing other than their opinions dressed up to be fact then that's when my pedanticometer goes off-scale. I also agree with your statement above but so often posters are reluctant to enter a debate when their posts have been ridiculed when all they're trying to do is offer an alternative point of view.

Some guys into their 60s start to lose what they once had, but they can still pull off a LC or PC.
Perhaps you're right but unless there are facts to support this statement it is, once again, either your opinion or hearsay.

On the other end, some of our new SOs are so inexperienced that I cannot stop thinking about it when I take an inflight slash.
So presumably you're saying that if something were to happen whilst you were away from the controls you are concerned that these inexperienced SOs would be incapable of making the correct decision and taking appropriate action? May I ask how you felt when you were flying with some of our locally employed cadets who are now STCs? The fact is that everyone starts off inexperienced and they learn their trade and gain experience on the job.

As far as the English standard goes, I thought all pilots had to achieve and maintain a certain level from an ICAO standpoint to be able to hold a licence - I'm not sure this has anything to do with CX. Out of the 2500+ pilots we have at the moment I'm not sure how many aren't Level 6 but I was under the impression that those who aren't are evaluated on a regular basis - anyone?

Clearly only time will tell if either of us are right or wrong. If it transpires that this tranche of recruits is below standard then some of the comments on this thread will turn out to have been justified. I still stand by my opinion that many of the posts have the word 'bigot' stamped across them - and I'm not being PC here.

Frogman1484

I sincerely hope that you have taken your concerns about this particular individual to the 3rd floor as to do otherwise is being irresponsible.

STP