PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 20:34
G-AWZK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There no chance of FR being involved with baby the management and AOC post holders would know what would befall them and would be gone in a flash and the company would fall apart at the seams, Lufthansa are not stupid ! an orderly handover to a new owner with maximum number of staff retained is a clear objective, the company falling apart in an uncontrolled maner would be far more expensive to resolve than what is rumoured to be in play.
One word; Buzz.

Business is business, and at the end of the day Lufthansa will decide based on what is best for them and their shareholders. To think they care about staff retention when it is no longer their responsibility, is being a tad naeive.

inky, I am not having a go at you, but if Ryanair put the best financial package on the table that costs DLH the least to unload the company that is what will happen. I am not saying that Ryanair are negotiating ( I find it unlikely), but they do have a well documented shortage of experienced crews and with Emirates specifically targeting Ryan crews, this is a situation that will get worse for them. I can see the logic in another airline buying WW just for the experienced flightdeck.