PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vb Per
Thread: Vb Per
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2002, 16:01
WALLEY

from Walleyworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Some times you guys amaze me DG check on luggage for domestic travel get real !!!

Australia does not scan luggage so DG identification is as good as the pax answers if he is asked, I never have been.

QF is one of the best airlines in the world they contract out their security at Per who do sometimes slip which is why we were suprised to be abused when on a transhipment we confiscated some of a previously sceened pax hand luggage.

She raised hell stating we were being unreasonable and if it was good enough to pass Per why not our airports non QF flight. We could only politely explain that it was not possible for her to board with her beautiful 5 piece set of carving knives !!!!

Hey we confiscate nail files and then get meals with steel knives and forks in QF J class. Boy lucky terrorists can only fly up the back.

My point is take a good long look at your ops before dumping on others and stating they are unsafe is going too far unless you are adopting world best practise which Australian aviation airline security is certainly not.