PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request for items
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 19:43
Wadd HC exhibits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request for items

I have checked with Pprune admin and they have kindly allowed me to post the following request:

RAF WADDINGTON HERITAGE CENTRE REQUEST FOR ITEMS

The RAF Waddington Heritage Centre is looking to gather more items that are relevant to the history of the Station. Some of these items could be hidden away in a loft or garage gathering dust; the Heritage Centre would be able to offer them a good home and they would help others understand more about the proud history of RAF Waddington. There are some items that we are specifically looking for to improve our exhibits.

The Exhibits Team would like to dress one of our Centre’s mannequins as a WW2 bomber crew member about to go on a mission (1943 to 1945 style). The ‘look’ of the following equipment is more important than the vintage. To do this we are hoping to obtain the following:
1 – Mae West
2 – Parachute harness
3 – Parachute pack
4 – Sheepskin cold weather jacket
5 – Battledress jacket and trousers
6 – Metal whistle
7 – White turtle neck jumper
8 – Cold weather flying boots
9 – Leather flying helmet

We are also trying to source the following NBC kit from the Cold War as everyone who was in the RAF during that time will have spent many hours in it and have ‘fond memories’ of TACEVALS etc. For this we will need:
1 – S6 respirator and metal canister
2 – Mk 3 olive green NBC suit
3 – Over gloves
4 – Over boots
5 – S6 haversack
6 – Metal helmet from the era(Mk5)
7 – 58 pattern webbing

Any of these items could be loaned or donated to the Heritage Centre. Space is limited so we cannot place everything on display; however, once our displays are complete we would hope to rotate items.

If you have anything else that you think might be of interest or use to us, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks, Rob.

Significant events for RAF Waddington Heritage Centre in 2012 -
Augsberg raid - 17 April 1942
Black Buck raids - 30 April to 12 June 1982