PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jobs in about 3 years from now
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 18:47
206Fan
RotorHead

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well If your not going to University make sure you get plenty of experience at the IT work.

I don't know what route you want to take with the Pilot Training. You might want to just complete the CPL now or continue and do the CFI afterwards to gain an Instructor Position to build hours or do the CPL and Instrument Rating then try the Airlines.

I would actually suggest you go and work in the IT industry for a year or two after finishing College to make yourself known to potential IT Companies and Employers in your Country. If you went ahead and started the Pilot Training this year, completed everything with no work at the end of it all that would mean looking for a Non-Aviation Job to start paying the loan back as you mentioned in a previous post.

What I'm trying to say is IF this happened and you went back to the IT with no previous experience in the Industry you will be back to square one again. Once you do finally get a start at the IT the salary mightn't be enough to cover the Loan repayments.

There is so much to take into consideration. You are young with a full life ahead of you to Fly. The sky will always be there.