PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huge Solar Storm Earthbound!
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 17:48
bakutteh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh! People, sheeple and all naysayers you ain't seen nothing yet. My view is that this latest one is a small precursor to what are more to come in this present cycle of solar agitation. I can't say it gonna be a doomsday scenario but we have to prepare for extreme hyperactivity of our nearest star.

On Wednesday, there was certainly wonkiness in satellite reception and I had difficulty in using the satellite phone. Even the satellite TV reception was intermittent for awhile. It remains to be seen if the power grids will affected, the coming 24 hours will tell.

I am not a scaremonger, but the recent global warming trends and so called climate change are clear signs of hyper solar activity that affected the core temperature of Earth.

The increasing use of the polar air routes certainly increase our awareness of
the effects of solar and cosmic radiation on aircrews. As far as I know, Aeroflot had some nasty experience affecting the health of their aircrews when they
embarked on using polar routes in the 70's and 80's. With the forecast of high
solar hyperactivity due after the long lull of quiescence during the past decade,
it's prudent that aircrews plying the polar routes be cognizant of the health
risks to themselves as some airlines keep rostering the same crews over the polar regions many times a year.

Last edited by bakutteh; 8th Mar 2012 at 18:31.