PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P-A-T technique
Thread: P-A-T technique
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 14:58
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
Okay. I can usually recognize the top of the climb... When I've been at altitude for a while, I know it must have happened a while back. I just never thought there was an acronym for it!

I suspect that there might be a bit more formality and organization to piloting, either now, or on the left side of the Atlantic, I'm not sure which. My flying in the UK is limited to only a ferry back in 1986, and a delightful flight last spring with a PPRuNer, but that was very relaxed.

Perhaps "new" flying instruction incorporates these little details, and I just missed it back in the 70's. I'll keep reading, maybe I'll learn something!

But, I still would like PPRuNe to provide an acronym list for out of towners!
I find it kind of ironic that a guy with a acronym in his own pprune handle is complaining about the use of an instructional acronym on an instructor forum.

While to somebody with 6000 hours the idea of an acronym for going from straight and level to climb sounds silly what about the student on their second hour ever in an airplane. How would you explain the correct order of actions to a student in a simple and easy to remember way ?