PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL/FRTOL issue confusion
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 14:45
Sensible Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL/FRTOL issue confusion

Hello,

Bit confused. I recently passed my PPL skills test, and have the SRG1105 form signed and ready to send to the CAA.
I haven't yet done the FRTOL practical. I was intending to get this done and signed off on the SRG1105 before sending it off. But Lasors seems to say that it has to be applied for "on a separate form" after the licence has been issued. I'm sure I've seen elsewhere that the FRTOL is required for issue of a JAR PPL, yet Lasors states the licence can be issued without the FRTOL.

Confused. What would be the best way of going about this:
Apply for my PPL now, then send the licence back later once I've done the FRTOL practical. Issue with this is I would presumably have the get the written test signed off on a SRG1106 by the flying school I did it at (I have since moved) to avoid doing it again, howver the form asks "Location where these tests were conducted", which implies the written and practical must be done at the same place (although what difference it makes is beyond me!

Wait until I've done the FRTOL test and then apply for the PPL and FRTOL together. Can I do this on one SRG1105, or do I need an SRG1105 and and SRG1106.

If I apply for my licence now and then send it back for the FRTOL am I grounded until it's back in my possesion?

Or am I just over overly concerned about complying with the bureaucracy?