PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 14:11
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only speak for the 737 fleet.

Terms and conditions are essentially the same for allfleets. Different fleets may have differentwork patterns, but the allowances but the concepts are about the same.

In talking to the A330 expat skippers, they are givencirca $2,000 per month for accommodation allowance. I guess the same terms and conditions willapply to the 777 expats too.

The $2000 can be used for a flat or nightly stays athotels at your assigned base. If theyroute you to a hotel in India that is not your base, then Jet Airways pays forthat hotel and you are accorded the traditional meal allowance which isbreakfast plus 2000 rupees a day. Hotelsprovide breakfast buffets. Lunch anddinner is on your own nickel, euro, pound krona, rupee or whatever your currencymay be. If you choose the hotel route,rostering arranges hotel accommodations. I can only speak of Mumbai and Chennaihotels. Mumbai is usually the Marriottin Lake Powai, or the Holiday Inn Express. Both decent places. Marriottgives you 1 hour of internet while the Holiday Inn provides you with unlimitedusage. Food is OK too.

Pay is usually the first week of the month. But sometimes, as has been read, the middleof the month. Jet has the cash andresources. Wonder why flights are beingcancelled, especially on the 737 fleet? Too many jets, too many routes, and not enough skippers.

There is no standby travel when traveling on one’s blockoff. It’s confirmed Economy. That is what is printed on the E-Ticket. If there is space, then one will be given aseat in business class. I’ve never beenin economy class traveling to or from Chennai. From Mumbai, however, a different story.

The manager of the expat cell is a good chap. He responds to emails quite fast. Like any manager, whining emails areconsidered to be a pain in the butt… but what airline doesn’t

I would recommend Jet. For the most part, management do their best to look after the expats.

Air Viet Nam has been rumored to be a place toavoid. Korean Air…mixed bag as far asreviews are concerned. Qatar… accordingto a few friends of mine there, the jury is still out. They were 777 skippers and put into theAirbus 320 fleet… so go figure.

I’ve met a bunch of young expat skippers on the ATR andBoeing. Great guys! They are taking advantage of the good pay fortheir futures if they choose to return to the US and join a major. They’ll have the extra funds in their bankaccounts to supplement the abysmal pay they can expect with US carriers.

Hope this helps.