PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - James Blunt: Britain's failure to get troops into battle (theatre) is pitiful
Old 8th Mar 2012, 11:14
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What we have here is possibly 'yes men\women' being promoted to flag rank. How many times do we hear a flag officers complaining about lack of resources. I accept it is not the best way to remain in office and who will recommend that type of character for flag rank? There must come a time when both men and honour come before self interest, those in command need to read that article and ASK the correct questions and demand honest answers. Any service is only as good as its leadership, good leaders are those that care about the interest, welfare of those they put in harms way.

If the equipment being used is worn out, unreliable or even well past its sell by date then who is it that states enough and no further? Is it the likes of James Blunt or the man being paid to command?

Interesting that no one in authority has highlighted the issues raised by someone that was prepared to freely give their time to entertain our troops. It looks to me like we were unable to perform the simple task of getting not just James Blunt from 'a' to 'b' but EVERYONE aboard that aircraft. Not a situation we can be proud of!

What has happened to our military, I once flew home from Sydney on an RAF VC10 that had the honour of collecting the holders of the Victoria Cross and flying them to the UK... Now it looks like we have problems even flying our troops out to an operational theatre.

Someone somewhere wants to grow a set and say enough is enough... Give us the tools to do the job, or shut down the operation. Shoe strings tend to break and how long will it be before we hear of a tragic incident involving aircraft that are in dire need of replacement!

Standing by to receive the usual criticism