PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 8th Mar 2012, 07:13
anirudh_rao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone! Just stumbled upon this forum while trying to make sense of the new DGCA rules on Google Things just keep getting better for Indian pilots! Sorry for the long post, but I'd appreciate any help.

I had a talk (if you can call it that) with A. K. Bharadwaj of the licensing dept. Apart from being extremely rude, what he said was it was better if I did all my recency and time building here in India, otherwise getting my license was doubtful! Talk about being extreme! Not one person is helpful and to top it off they treat you as though you were there to ask THEM money for YOUR training! So I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I take it that it would be safer to do my recency and time building (about 35 hours X-Country) here in India? Also, I have a FAA CPL ME license (ME on the Duchess). As cyril has explained in a very helpful and straigtforward manner, it would mean I would have to get all my skill tests done on the PA34, right? The remaining 5 hours IR time and night time can be done on the 172?

I had a word with the captain at Chimes Aviation and he confirmed that I would have to have a FRTOL and a SPL to fly in India AND I also have to give a technical paper for the Seneca. Kudos to DGCA to mess the whole situation up