PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best International Airline Award goes to ....
Old 8th Mar 2012, 01:52
smiling monkey

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
So really if the Roo is to survive then it needs new aeroplanes but it needs to make that passenger experience comfortable, trouble free and friendly.
And that's what the customer satisfaction survey is all about. But I also believe passengers do research which airlines are safe to travel on before buying a ticket. It may well be that Garuda's loads are a lot less than say, Qantas and Virgin Australia and their passengers therefore have a lot more free space to themselves. This would naturally translate to a better customer experience.

Having said that, being a Garuda frequently flyer myself (due to where I work), they have lifted their game a lot in the last 5 years or so. Service standards have increased in leaps and bounds and they are making a big effort in developing a better safety culture amongst their pilots. They need to in order to survive, just like any other national airline that has been privatized (or is undergoing privatization).