PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop to Jet
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 00:08
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree and feel your pain as well!! But there are some good trends the other way too. You just have to look for them. BA merger with BMI is very good for UK aviation, jobs and so movement etc. While airlines in the middle east & asia are taking only jet hours (and in HUGE quantities for the foreseeable future), well then only the likes of Easy and Ryan drivers can apply from the UK. As far as that goes they are the bottom of the food chain. Just depends how quick people will leave and they will leave for the money and the career. If they go quick then there is a gap that cannot necessarily be filled by only cadets and so the cycle starts. The economy has not properly got back on its feet yet and that is the cycle we are all waiting for. It will for sure come.

Other things are interesting like training is being re thought. Lots of research going into experience levels and accidents and alt busts etc. What I'm saying is there is a chance that experience will be worth something again soon in my opinion. Will perhaps be lead/enforced by people other than accountants (CAA or insurance companies).

As I said, aviation has always gone round in cycles and is directly linked to the economy so things will change, they always do! The biggest problem is having patience. That is my problem at the moment.

And finally, remember life is everything and a job just pays the bills to facilitate your life! Concentrate on life and let that lead your career not the other way round. It's only an aeroplane!!