PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop to Jet
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2012, 23:45
Artic Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigjarv

I'm on a real downer about the whole thing at the moment. Will it change though? When (if) the economic good times come back will it mean movement at the bottom of the industry? How will this happen? The preferred method of recruitment at the moment is low houred cadets, but as long as these are plentiful in numbers why would airlines want to take experience? Every month more and more are being churned out by the CTC sausage factory, I can't see the demand getting anywhere near it was in 2006/2007 to warrant a change in recruiting policies because I think there's still alot of consolidation to be seen yet within the UK and Europe due to the ever rising cost of fuel, let alone the economy. Those in the bottom end jobs had better get used to the seats they are sitting in, because unless you go to BA or the Middle East I cannot see any way out. I guess I'd love for a few people to "put a reassuring hand on my shoulder" to convince me otherwise, but career progression is dead in the water.