PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATCOs earning £800,000 two years ago! Anything changed?
Old 7th Mar 2012, 22:46
Out The Gap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dodos9,

From what I recall, those meteoric salary figures headlined the media's attack on Spanish ATCOs when (I stand to be corrected here) just three of them, probably quite senior, out of the entire Aena ATCO workforce, agreed to work every single day of an entire year on a dual/parallel runway operations project at LEMD, hence the ridiculously obscene amount of overtime involved. Exactly what hours were involved, I have no idea...

Now that privatisation is rearing its ugly head at 47 of the towers in the airports and heliports, you can drastically reduce such figures for future TWR-only rated ATCOs. Read http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/477...cos-spain.html for example and take a wild guess at what the eventual outcome will be.. but the salaries will most likely be paltry in comparison. Meanwhile, as mentioned above, the salaries in the ACCs and the towers yet-to-be-privatised don't fare too bad, compared with the rest of Europe and more importantly, the average income in Spain itself.