PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 - PA28 Owners ALERT - GMP is coming!
Old 7th Mar 2012, 21:57
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find myself in total disagreement with JXK on this issue, this despite my inital reaction to this news about nine months back and see the end of LAMP as a chance to get away from a maintenance program that is trying to be all things to all aircraft. This is not BIG maintenance, it should be seen as a chance for you to use an apropriate maintenance program for your aircraft.

Now we will have the chance to use the manufactuers maintenance program, this should be music to the ears of Cessna owners, little more than an oil change at 50 hours and just the 100 hour/annual check to do, most AD's writen for 100 hour repeat inspections and the rest of the items put in the program mostly based on flying hours.

The CAA has not got the manpower to inspect all the changes so it will be rubber stamping what your maintenance providor recomends.

The making or breaking of this rather depends on how well your maintainence providors quality manager knows the regulations, if he has understood the new system than it is likely you will find this an inprovement, if he has not you will end up with a rewriten LAMP with yet more stuff just because he wants to make sure his six is covered.

As I operate two C152's I am looking forward to this I have yet to do the work on the PA 28 program but I dont see it being a different story to the Cessna's.

So often in these pages I read posts asking why things cost so much in Europe and why cant we do things like they do in the USA.........well guys now is your chance to use exactly the maintenance program that the guys in the USA do............the one writen by the maufactures.

Last edited by A and C; 7th Mar 2012 at 22:13.