PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - James Blunt: Britain's failure to get troops into battle (theatre) is pitiful
Old 7th Mar 2012, 19:27
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nut (re-your post now deleted?)

Absolutely agree, although it's not an original concept as I'm sure many others here would concur; and the troops would be far better served.

tlightb - yup, most warriors were flown out on charter. I went out on a British United Brittania in '64 (I think!), certainly from Stansted. Back and forth on various others, inluding the RAF Comet IV and Hastings (UGH!). But with the advent of the BOAC VC10, life became far better. On a further tour at Muharraq (short straw), the Moonrocket RAF VC10 was simply bliss - as was the arrival/departure procedure in those days at Brize.

We had a shorter and less stressful confict then: so why can't those now responsible for putting our people in harm's way be far more attentive to today's combatants' far greater needs ? I think I know - they have no f***ing idea or understanding of military confict or ethos , despite their briefings/prepared speeches/PR visits etc etc. Three Chavs approaching early middle age - God help us.