PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 7th Mar 2012, 08:18
captainsmiffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankie, I am interested in a collective action. The situation is simply ludicrous! Am rated 330/340 and 380 - but because my licence states P2 on it - can I transfer a rating to my UK licence? A resounding 'NO' so far from the CAA unless I can get a letter from the GCAA stating that we are trained to P1 standards (trained to a standard AT LEAST as good as the UK in EK). Have only just found out, too, that my IR will be under threat in 2 years because of this thread....!!!

The problem seems to stem from the fact that neither side attempts to understand what the other is saying and WE are caught out in the middle! The UK issues the same rating to LHS and RHS and the UAE issues a P2 to the RHS. I think that the CAA thinks P2 means that we are cruise pilots! The GCAA just seems to sit there and not attempt to understand the problem. Meanwhile there are F/Os flying the 330 for British Airlines who have done the same course as me and are doing the same job as me and in the same bit of airspace as me and yet they are rated by the CAA and I have to do groundschool etc etc. For heavens sake, I did the manufacturers course on the aeroplane - what more are they going to want added?!!!

Rant over but consider me 'in' on any action.