PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2012, 03:35
dash2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFPS 75 and 3 years free for the Queen...

I'm a little out of the loop at the moment and I wonder if someone could help me with a question. I, along with many others, signed up on AFPS 75 and served for around 3 years before the age of 21 and thus pensionable service.

I understand that at the moment any sort of financial complaint could be met with howls of derision but has any one any information on how this is to be managed? It seems a bit odd that my peers who joined on the same day as me will leave the RAF at their IPP at 38 with their pension but, having served for the same length of time, I will end up with 3 years less pension at 38.

I am not in any way complaining at the AFPS 75 terms and conditions but am a little disappointed that the RAF will take my 3 years non-pensionable service, which I happily served in good faith, and then take away my chance to accrue benefits at the end of my commission.

I've tried to find an answer through the official channels but am a little geographically challenged at the moment with not a single UK forces member in my reporting chain. I suspect that I already know the answer but would appreciate if any one could pass some higher fidelity info....

Regards,

Dash 2