PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez (Merged 2010 onwards)
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 22:58
vrb03kt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTE in 2012 strikes me as a place which is fantastic for sponsored students who have already passed an airline selection. I'd heartily recommend it for people in this camp as it's a great place to study. It is popular with the airlines too. BA, Qatar, EK, MEA and Aer Lingus are all sending their cadets there.
I have to agree with veetwo. FTE is a good school but I wouldn't want to be paying £87,000 as a self-sponsored student relying on a recommendation system (which appeared very easy to fall foul of) to get a job. I know of self-sponsored folks fairly recently who were placed with Aer Lingus and BA Cityflyer after leaving Jerez. However, they were in a minority of students. Many had to go down the Ryanair route, sure it's a flying job, but it cost an extra circa £30,000 on top of the training costs!

I just can't quite fathom why anyone would now decide to undertake self-sponsored training knowing that in order to get a job they may have to spend at least £117,000 to become a contractor in a random European base with no fixed salary and no security. I can assure you that the loan repayments are fixed and have to be paid regardless of how many hours you flew that month. (On that note, I wouldn't be handing over large amounts of money to CTC to become an easyjet flexicrew contractor either)

That all of course assumes that you managed to get a first flying job and were not cast by the wayside after leaving flying school.