PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airspace class change
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 21:56
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
permanent changes confirmed

I see that the final decision on the airspace change has been made:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/7/20120217...tterFinal2.pdf due to come in on 5th April 2012.

I see they have changed the shape slightly, so that there is some more Class D North of Strathhaven down to 3500' (CTA-2) before you reach the Cumbernauld Gap airspace (CTA-1) which is down to 3000' (the same as what is currently notamed).

I'm going to have lots of fun trying to plot the changes onto my plastic coated map! How often do these changes happen. Should I get used to constantly plotting airspace changes? How do people do this - as I normally use "permanent" pens for nav plotting it will be hard not to rub off the airspace changes. Are there super permanent ink pens somewhere? Yes - at some future point I'll probably be using an updateable GPS system but I'm a student who needs to do it the old fashioned way for now.

Also - out of curiosity - will the changes also be notammed for a while when they come in as an extra highlight of changes? I can see me at some future point missing an airspace change and using a "current" map which is out of date, especially if flying in an area I don't normally fly to and so don't follow the changes carefully.

Thanks
RR