PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deadlines not to miss for UK ppl holders.
Old 6th Mar 2012, 21:23
distaff_beancounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we were wondering why anyone would bother applying for a JAR PPL.
I have been happily flying around on my UK-PPL for more than two decades and never had the slightest desire for a JAA-PPL. BUT it seems that while the CAA will be automatically issuing EASA-PPLs to JAA-PPL holders it will not do the same for UK-PPL holders, except the CAA did say that this may change! It is good to know that the CAA knows what it is doing

Furthermore it seems that there is a limited time in which UK-PPLs can be traded up to JAA-PPLs. According to the CAA the cut off was originally 8th April 2012, then changed to 1st July 2012 BUT this may or may not be extended to 2014. Again, it is good to know that the CAA knows what it is doing

AND there may be a slight chance that eventually (this year? next year? sometime? never?) the CAA may issue EASA-PPLs direct from UK-PPLs. On the other hand it may not so I have decided to give in, pay my £181 for a licence that I never wanted, nor needed just to ensure that I can get an EASA-PPL.

What are the rest of you UK-PPLs doing about this? Or are you just as puzzled as I am?