PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who keeps aircraft logbooks under EASA?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 19:14
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have been shat on a couple of times due to the Maintenance Co holding the log books. It goes something like this-

please quote me for annual. 40 hours @ 40.00 per hour. Plus charges for admin, plus any parts. plus CAA fees. So....app £2000,00. Yes that is correct, owner please be transparent with any additional works. No problem sir.

Invoice arrives for 6 grand. Excuse me!!!! Pay or else says the Maintenance co. No way says owner, well, we have the logs, so your are stuffed

My new company, and now I am on N reg, owner keeps logs. Any ****, then at least you can move shop, and attempt to negotiate any invoice discrepancies. That said, just make sure the shop is reputable prior to going there.

My understanding is that several CAMO's want to charge for the re write, and that is fair. All costs however, should be quoted prior to any work, saves the usual, but you said......... Oh and I was told by the CAA that the logs STAY WITH THE AEROPLANE. So if it is at the shop, then the logs are also there. If it moves out, so should the logs, although I used to keep them at the shop.