PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 23:13
Floaty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expenses!

I just want to warn people applying from overseas: shared accomodation around London airports, nothing flashy, per month, 300 to 400 Pounds... The cost of living is extremely high and fuel is super expensive. Consider it and be prepared to tighten your belt!

I know other airlines do not offer much more than that at the beginning, but your chances to start making a bit of serious money are directly related to an eventual career opportunity, unless you choose this profession as a stepping stone for something else or in between studies...
What about Virgin? Can anyone mention something about further opportunities? Does it work by Seniority or merit? How long before you can apply for Senior Cabin Crew?

There are also loads of rumors about Virgin Atlantic... Anyone interested should search this forum for more info. It is hard to say if cabin crews are happy or unhappy there but personally I would seriously investigate... I remember reading some aweful stuff!

500 people to be hired? Okay they are expanding but still, this number sounds quite high... Can anyone mention how many cabin crew leave every month??

I was also a bit surprised to find out from Virign's website that application forms can only be obtained by calling an 0800 number in the UK... What about people calling from overseas? Does Richard have a problem with the bilateral agreement concerning the European work force??

btw, with this post, I do not mean to criticise anyone working for Virgin Atlantic. Far from that. I never had to pleasure to fly with you guys therefore I cannot judge. I am simply looking for the little details that never officially come out...