PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOA Cut Again
Thread: LOA Cut Again
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 17:07
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
To be honest I'm not quite sure what the purpose of this thread is any more...

The OP started it to make people aware that an overseas posting is now likely to end up costing you considerably, due to cuts in LOA, which I think most savy people are already aware of.

I'm not defending the cut in LOA, it was purely a cost saving measure. However, anyone who has been in for more than 5 minutes probably wasn't surprised. We are in a military that is downsizing and cost-cutting. What with a pay freeze, a worsening of pension conditions, probable reduction in married quarters provision, reduction in food standards, etc, the writing has been on the wall for some time now. The service actually provides very little loyalty downwards, but expects a lot in return. Take what you can, in terms of good jobs, AT, equivalent civy qualifications, etc, but be prepared to leave when you have had enough of the crap, which is probably well before you reach 55 these days.

As for overseas tours, don't accept one unless the plus side balances the costs, both financial and other, involved....

Edited to add - I forgot to mention MMA actually going down while the price of fuel is higher than ever, CEA not keeping pace with school fee inflation to the point where an allowance that was intended to cover up to 90% of the fees barely covers 50%, etc, etc......

Last edited by Biggus; 6th Mar 2012 at 18:28.