PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deadlines not to miss for UK ppl holders.
Old 6th Mar 2012, 16:52
distaff_beancounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AND another thing .....
I was about to wander down to the Gatwick Joke Factory to trade-up my UK-PPL for a JAR-PPL. (This was after I discovered that if I did not, once EASA takes over I could fly a Spitfire (if anyone was mad enough to lend me one!) but not a basic PA28.

Anyhow I thought I should call the CAA just to check that I had got all the correct paperwork apart from the payment of £181.

I was told that I only have an English Language Proficiency Certificate at Level 4 whereas I need Level 6 to get a JAR licence. The CAA person, who had a strong foreign accent, was not impressed by my arguement that: I am a UK National; born in London with all education, professional training and flight training carried out in England.

It is only possible to check your level by calling the CAA as the level is not shown on any licence. However I understand that us oldies with UK-PPLs were automatically given level 4 only when this rule came in a few years ago.

So I need to get the examiner who did my last IMC renewal to sign form SRG1199 just to prove that I have an adequate command of 'Inglish like wot she is spoke'.