PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does a PRIVATE ops f/o upgrade to Captain?
Old 6th Mar 2012, 15:13
Grum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was afraid this might happen.

Thanks REGN for the straight forward reply and FLyMD, all sound advice with which I whole-heartedly agree.

No ground training, sim training, line training, SEP, fire & smoke, CRM, OPC, Line Check - what good is all that crap anyway?
All the above is up-to-date and have been done every single year regardless of legislated renewal periods. Command course at FSI completed, line training completed, few months of PIC jet before redundancy. (why justify myself )

The reason I ask, what appears to be a stupid question, is that I have only ever worked in an AOC environment and due to redundancy (again) find myself doing a bit of freelance. The boss asked me a legitimate question, and I like to have answers. After speaking to the CAA I was pretty suprised by the answer so I thought I'd ask here. There are a lot of people on this website with a huge amount of knowledge, and it is a fun place to share it, and have a bit of banter at the same time.

Sweeping generalisations about safety in private and commercial ops is going to be a terrible waste of megabytes in some far away server somewhere. Sorry I started it.

Thanks for the info.