PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOA Cut Again
Thread: LOA Cut Again
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 10:20
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
comfort in our retirement is exactly what Mrs SFFP and I look forward to
I'm very glad for you SFFP. I hope the government will not decide to save money and reduce your pension by 50% in a couple of years. You will not be fazed. After all you have argued that nobody should rely on what they will be given in the future so they will just have to accept it.

You bleated about the pay freeze that affected the increments calculating your pension. Civilians had six or seven pay freezes that affected their pension. Others lost there pension completely because of the actions of the government you are serving. Yours will be index linked and guaranteed by the government. Others, like mine, are relying on the voluntary payments, amounting to £millions, by my old employer to keep the scheme going. That stops; my pension stops.

And you begrudge somebody, who has been posted overseas, sufficient money to make ends meet.

Forces personnel are professionals. The day of the Press Gang and joining to stay out of prison are long gone. If somebody is sent overseas at the behest of the Air Force to do a professional job then they should be treated as such and compensated for the buggeration factor. Everybody else in this world is.

The last married accompanied tour I did, (in the sunshine) I received about £100/month in LOA. THAT WAS IN 1971. You will have to factor that by fifteen to get today's equivalent.

In civilian life my first LOA was eighteen years ago and the was £400/ month with everything except food found and four return flights back to the UK. My last LOA was £3,600/month but out of that I had to support myself completely and pay for my own flights. £1,000/month accomodation and food; £450 return flight. They are ball park figures worldwide, as I know, having worked worldwide.

Is that all????!!!!!!!!
That explains that comment.