PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 05:02
John Eacott

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
CY,

I was born in Walthamstow, and Dad was at stationed at 'Ackney nick for many years. Wild horses couldn't drag me back

RSaigon,

Two piece is all about comfort compared to the grow bags that are hot and awful to live in: especially for No 2's I recall a trial set of suits with different weaves left and right which were held together by a zip from neck to chest. The guys thought ability to unzip for a visit to the heads to far outweigh the cr@ppy material!

DSE Victoria have even made a requirement for aircrew on fires to have one piece suits, even though their firefighters on the ground wear two piece outfits. When you're resting for 5 minutes it is so much easier to remove the jacket, yet still look reasonably tidy with the nomex trousers. And what Brian says about nomex: it is only one stage of protection, along with gloves, non synthetics, boots and when possible, helmet. I'm on a break from offshore and all the operators (Bristow, CHC, HeliRes) are now in Mr Sisley's finest products when flying the bears out and back