PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deadlines not to miss for UK ppl holders.
Old 5th Mar 2012, 20:17
echobeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deadlines not to miss for UK ppl holders.

There is quite a lot for your average ppl not to miss in the next few months and years.

The forum has been helpful in making sure that all of these are discussed on a separate basis.It seems that a super 'notam' is needed so we don't miss something.

I have read most of the topics but I though it might be helpful to make sure those of us of average understanding have all this correct.

I have summarised the following that I can see I have to know ; additions welcome.

Those with a JAR ppl don't have to do anything til next renewal when it becomes an EASA license on renewal.For an appropriate fee. Til then we fly on the same licence though it's called something else.

If you have an ImC rating on the JAR licence you can probably use it til April 2014 when something similar that you can use on an EASA ppl can perhaps take over though it's a bit unclear as yet. (I am nearly done with the IR just in case)

For those of us that fly in the south east pay speak always to Southend radar with new SSR capabilities from April 2nd, as there are a few orange airbuses in class G from that date.

From July til september all flying around the London TMA will be on a vfr flight plan talking initially to Atlas control which sounds quite cool.

The new charts are about to be issued.

Have I missed something out ?