PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand Defence Force recruiting:
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 18:08
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well friends in Windy Welly admit that they're on the fault line. Yes it was Christchurch, my granddaughter was born in Christchurch's Womens' Hospital in the middle of one of the quakes.

When my daughter moved there, the exchange rate was over 3 NZD to a pound, it's less than 2 now. Business leaders there are concerned about where it's going - both my daughter and her partner are in hi tech industries and are well informed about the prospects.

If so much can change (negatively) in such a short time, then it would be foolish to assume it's a land of 'milk and honey' without being realistic.

The last I heard was that the earthquake fund was empty and there are still thousands that have not yet received compensation.

If your currency is strong, it makes your exports expensive, poor old Christchurch is still being shaken - facts. The CBD still cannot be re-built because of the after shocks.

Keep your eyes and ears open and do your research first - THAT is the point I'm making and I make no apologies for doing that. I got back from New Zealand 3 months ago, so am reasonably up to date.

I love the country, I love most of the people, I do not think I am misleading anyone. DON'T ASSUME . . . CHECK