PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 17:38
Greenkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to check the GCAA website and see eg CAAP 37 re MPL. There is also some stuff not written in the regs. I think this is the position with MPL. On qualification you get a MPL that is both type (A320 not A320 family) and airline (Air Arabia) specific. This is what the batch 1 guys have. Why - well I think the GCAA is just following the practice in other countries such as the UK and I think they seem to be following the UK CAA policy on endorsements to the licence. Just google Uk CAA lasors part K MPL and I think you will find a PDF on the CAA regs on MPL. You will see that as per the UK provisions the airline endorsement can be removed after line training. If you try to get another type rating endorsed before line training then bad luck you have to start the SIM training agian I think. After line training on the original type I think you can then get a new type endosed on the MPL. Also look at GCAA provisions for licence upgrades. MPL to ATPL requires 1,500 hours but can only count half time as PNF under GCAA regs so effectively say about 2,200 hours on flight deck to upgrade to ATPL.