PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 17:18
Atis777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Alpha has just been really lucky in Clark where the airline business cycle in the Philippines enabled them to get most but not all cadets placed in jobs. The Clark cadets who got into Air Arabia were really lucky. The same is happening at the moment in SHJ where Air Arabia has a shortage of FOs. The problem is in a downturn caused by eg problems in Iran, acute competition from say Fly Dubai, fewer resignations, say partial fleet grounding. Then it will be MPL cadets sitting around waiting and hoping with nowhere else to go. Then the problems of a non sponsored ( I mean sponsored in the true and traditional sense) cadet training programme will be apparent. By the way guys it is a fact in life that there is often no guarantee of a job to anyone doing a training course at Uni but the issue highlighted here is that everyone is asked to invest massively in a qualification that realistically has 1 and only 1 employer. I would be surprised if Alpha could do the same trick again as they did with placing the Clark cadets in an airline in another country that was never the sponsor of the cadets.