PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conduct of IRR and Base Check on Modern Twin Engine Helicopters (like EC 225)
Old 5th Mar 2012, 13:39
WLM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnow, I see you are indicating Orient in your profile. I guess you must be flying offshore around the South China Sea

Now I started my IR on S76C and it had to be damn spot on to pass the test, hand flying it most of time.. Moved to the AS332 and it was hell easier with the automation but the IRR still required one hand flown approach
Never had a problem with CRM and the examiner, just simply asked him to perform some tasks like radio calls, check list, etc. Of course I make little mistakes like we all do under examination stress...

I now fly onshore, SPIFR and the training I got offshore IR has been invaluable, specially if I have to fly hands on, and no one to talk or get help from next to you

What I am trying to say, automation is great, but you better remember how to fly hands on when you lose it. New guys are too busy pushing buttons and reading FM when it does not perform as they expect