PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment X
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 13:15
ntt.celine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience. Hope it helps :)

Hi Everyone,

I found lots of useful information from this forum and now is my turn to tell you guys my experiences.

I attended the AD in Viet Nam (yes, the first time ever EK recruit in Viet Nam) on Sunday 26th February, at the Movempick Hotel.
I arrived at 7.45am, I was directed to the Ball room down the hall. After that, the agency in my country gave us the number.

At appr. 9.10am the EK recruiters came into the room said good morning and introduced herself as Andrea. She thanked us for coming out so early on a Sunday and asked us to leave the room so that they could set up, at this point there were about 67 of us in the room.
Then, we look at a couple EK presentation DVD’s about life in Dubai, CC experiences, the A380 shower spa (very exciting stuff) the history of Emirates Airlines etc, etc. After every couple presentations we had a Q&A session, mostly about what we knew about the Airline.

After this we were invited to come up one at a time to do the reach test and to have a “little chat” with her. I was sick at that time and my voice was terrible, I said sorry for my voice today and she asked me “What happen with your voice” and I replied “I just came back from Ha Noi and the weather is very cold, here is very hot, and I got sick because of the change of weather” (hic, I was super nervous and my grammar isnt correct), then she corrected me “the changing of weather” hic.. hic..

The first elimination came, she gave everyone a paper say “Congratulations!” or “Unfortunately”, I got the 1st one. 67 to 22. Lucky me

The next one is English test, it was intermediate level with an essay “Your biggest mistake you have made and what you learn from it”. 9 ppl got elimination at this stage.

The next one is Group discussion and 2 ppl got elimination. One of them, I heard, she was over acting, try to impress the recruiter, so I am not surprised when she was out.

Then we stayed very late to do paper work, fill in the forms. Reached home at 7pm and stil have to do one more test.
My FI was on 28th Feb. It’s a bit relax if you have lots of customer experiences.

So, here are my data:
AD 26 Feb
FI 28 Feb
Approval In Progress 4 March
You will be contacted... today 5 March
I’m still waiting my Golden Call. Fingers and toes cross for me please

My tip for all of you: Read back this threads, I read from the first one, in 2 months, and I came with prepare. I’m not type of lucky person so I did my homework.

Last but not least, thank you so much Mari (thought you give up this forum already) and Theredhatgirl, Kenya85 and the others for such the information you gave.

Celine
P/S: My AD have 3 guys made to FI.

Last edited by ntt.celine; 7th Mar 2012 at 03:26.