PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASYJET What are they like to work for?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 18:09
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flanker

I didn't say I was particularly happy with the way things are at the moment but the constant barrage of half-truths put out in the public domain are really beginning to grate.

Constant Speed DU has just stated that on your 6th day 'on' you WILL be programmed for late finish, followed by an early start on your next working day.

The use of the word WILL is deliberately inflamatory and untrue.

Of course I know it happens. It has happened to me often enough. But it does not ALWAYS happen and to say so is misleading. IF anyone ALWAYS has such a roster, and has kept copies, take them to the base Captain and get his opinion.

I have just looked at my last 3 months rosters and what Contstant Speed DU describes was rostered only 3 times for me. As it happens, I totally disagree with that. I think 3 days off should be proper 3 days off - that's another issue. But what I am reporting is accurate.

Furthermore, I didn't say things would get better simply because of '......millions of people applying'.

If crewing levels are brought up to target that has got to be good news hasn't it? Better flexibility for rosters all round surely. Is that not a major PART of the key to roster stability?

There will be a lot other issues to address as well but full staffing will be cracking start and make life a little better for all of us.

So why would anyone actively try to stop people applying?