PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 5th Mar 2012, 11:54
fruitbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment paused, email sent out:

We hope this finds you well. We are writing with an update from us here at the BA Pilot Recruitment Team.

Over the last 18 months or so we have been working hard, as you know, with several pilot recruitment campaigns being opened. We are very appreciative of the effort you have put into the recruitment process, and are pleased to have been able to offer 239 contracts of employment for new pilots to join our team.

Recently, however, a number of issues have arisen which mean we are going to pause our recruitment programme at the end of March. This is to allow us time to see how a variety of issues both within and outside BA develop, and to prevent our Hold Pool growing to a size that could become unhelpful. Our target is therefore to assess how things develop in the coming weeks and months, and to start running down the Hold Pool as soon as more vacancies become available. We know that, depending on previous type and/or experience, waits in the Hold Pool have been extremely variable, and for that we can only share any frustration. With as broad and diverse a fleet and network structure as we have you can imagine that challenges and opportunities are always arising, and as such pilot opportunities and the fleets they appear on, are always in flux.

What does this mean for me?

We are going to continue with the recruitment days and simulator assessments booked for March. However, beyond that we are not in a position to offer any more slots. We will do so when we feel it's right and appropriate to do so. If you have a day booked in March, and you decide you do not wish to attend then please let us know in advance. This will allow us to backfill your vacancy and allow another candidate to attend in your place. We will keep all applications on file, and are aware through our recruitment database who is at which stage of the process. Please note that if you decide not to attend, and don't let us know in advance, our fairness policy will permit us the right to withdraw your application at our discretion.

I am a Service Pilot who has only just applied - what should I do?

Given the unique circumstances and timings involved in service pilot recruitment our service recruitment stream will remain open for applications. Those who apply, and are successful at screening, will join the group of candidates awaiting a Day 1 assessment date.

I am in the Hold Pool already - what happens to me?

We are going to extend Hold Pool validities to 18 months, until further notice, for anyone who reaches the 12 month point since their simulator assessment. We have detailed records for everybody in the Hold Pool, and will continue to assume that you wish to be contacted about the first available opportunity in BA. If you should decide to withdraw from the process, as ever please just let us know.

How long is this break going to last?

That's a question we cannot answer at the moment, as guessing would be of little help. We know that a number of issues are out there that could lead to recruitment being required again, and we also know that 2013 is a big year for BA with new aircraft arriving from Airbus and Boeing. Rest assured that we'll be in touch the moment more vacancies arise that need to be filled.

I am in the BA Managed Path process - what does this mean for me?

If you are within the BA Managed Path process you are of course welcome to contact us directly by email to discuss your individual circumstances.

Thank you for taking the time to read this far, and while I am sure this kind of news is not welcome we will be recruiting again before too long and will come back to you as soon as we have more news. As ever please do get in touch with us if you have any questions.

Last edited by fruitbat; 5th Mar 2012 at 14:55.