PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Interview Experience at a Regional Airline
Old 5th Mar 2012, 07:42
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the cross wind thing. I would have said its legal so we have ticked that box. But as its outside my experence in this type I would be led by my Captain if there were other factors which we would need to take into account. Such as runway condition or the fact that the crosswind may indicate a temp wx condition due to CB activity.

Its definately a question to see if you think of the big picture and not just focus on the numbers. There are quite a few occassions where you can have all the legal ticks in the boxes but it would be inadvisable to launch.

Then again some companys do actually want you to launch as long as all the boxes are ticked.

Its very hard to know what they are looking for in the interview, some operators want a balanced individual with average flying capabilties. Some want a person that can be bullied. Some want a pilot in every shape and form who can operate with minimal support and will muck in and get the job done. Others want a company person who will suck up all the ****e that gets thrown at them and not talk back.