PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIC Rejected Takeoff Rights
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 01:34
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbers44
Barbados in the carribean in a 727 we were nearing V1 and lost the left generator. We had a rainy day so the runway was wet and we were at max takeoff weight. 1000 and 3. I told the FO flying to keep going and the FE would fix it. He had a check FE requalifying him on that flight. I told the FE to fix the problem knowing the fix was one pak off. He put essential power to number 1 engine and at V1 lost most of our instruments. I said they will fix it and continued. They finally got it sorted out and put essential power back on #3 engine. I don't know what the standard procedure would be then but felt I did the right thing. Sometimes doing what makes sense works.
Bad selection I would say. 3,1,2, standby as you know was the order for essential power selection, so everything was already O.K. on that part as #3 generator was fine. Turning off a pack lowers electrical consumption big time when flaps are extended as it shuts off its cooling fan. I guess he moved the wrong switch. Oops, hate to lose a bunch of instruments on the PF side near rotation. One time, we had the whole main portion of the captains instrument panel slide out near V1. Maintenance forgot to secure it after some work. We were empty with good acceleration.