PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reds down to 7-ship for 2012 season.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2012, 18:26
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Marine/Infantry soldier refuses to return to Afghanistan because one of his mates was blown up in an IED...

or

Fire fighter refuses to attend future fires and takes desk job following fire which killed two of his colleagues...

or

Policeman takes desk-job following fatal shooting of his partner in Manchester...

Are those situations acceptable, or would you feel little sympathy with the individuals?
Ehhmmm, I think all three situations occur on a relatively frequent basis – they just don’t make headline news. But I think you will find that family and friends totally respect any decision made and show a great deal of sympathy. As I would to any story of this nature I heard in my local.

I totally respect Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Stewart and the decision she has made. She has been under tremendous pressure form the word go. She should have been celebrating the fact that she was the first female Red Arrows pilot, but she is left to remember the loss of two of her very close colleagues (friends).

Some people here have never lost a close friend or colleague so they have no idea what it feels like.