PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2012, 17:44
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh, here's a thing. Waters has a website. And one of the pages invites us all to post pictures of fallen loved ones. Fallen in WAR. I have a lot of friends that fell in 1982. I wonder how many rememberances we need to post there before he gets the message?

Roger Waters

Of course, one would want to make it clear that posts are in support of those that fell and the cause for which they fell, not his arbitrary pacifist, publicity-seeking rant.
"Fallen Loved Ones’ is a request, from me, reaching out to ask you to provide a photograph and personal details of a ‘Loved One’ lost in war. Your ‘Loved One’s’ pictures and details would be included, along with those of my father Eric, in my up coming show THE WALL, as an act of remembrance. The ‘Fallen Loved One’ does not have to have been a soldier. Civilian deaths are equally, if not more, harrowing.

I make this request to you in light of my belief that many of these tragic losses of life are avoidable. I feel empathy with the families of all the victims and anger at ‘THE POWERS THAT BE’, who are responsible, in equal measure. Please join me in honouring our dead and protesting their loss.

Roger Waters "
Let's see you show these in your show, Roger...

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 4th Mar 2012 at 18:13.