PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOA Cut Again
Thread: LOA Cut Again
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2012, 09:31
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
If you based your pension expectations on 'estimated' future earnings, you were rather rash to have done so. My financial estimates were always based on the present, rather than on the expectation of future salary levels.

Your income has not been 'cut', it has been frozen. There will be a relatively small de facto impact due to external factors, but you have not had a significant cut to your present situation. Whereas those on overseas postings most assuredly have.
You seem to have missed the point as I am not sure where I gave the notion I had made any future plans based on "expectations".

I have no "expectations" at all with regard to my pension or my gratuity, all I have to go on are the predictions of the pension calculator and as such I will wait until Nov to see what I actually get.

You can call it what ever you like but based on the calculator offerings of a few years back and those of today I am down a tidy sum however I also "get" the fact that the global economy is in tatters and as such sometimes sh1t happens